My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Monday 29 October 2012

W.I.P - Reinforcements from the post.

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well. Last Friday I received some new models from England, for my ongrowing forces of Germans and British.
The first four (all the same), were from Fortress Models. I have ordered four Opel Blitz trucks, the vehicle that was one of the most famous of the time that played many roles during WW2. These models are from resin and the level of details, is exceptionally good. I wish these guys could expand the models range they offer. 
The other two were from Ready To Roll Models (RTR - Rapid fire). They are two Crusader gun tractors for towing  my 17 pdr AT guns, I have bought and painted recently (unfortunately I haven't post any photos yet, because I am still waiting for their crews from AB Figures....). These (also from resin) were too good! The only drawback for me, was their pre-installed bases (I don't make any bases for my AFV's), but for 6 quid/piece it doesn't feel right to gripe.  :-)

Right now, I am putting the finals colours on them (still a lot to do - weathering, chipping and so on...), and I hope that by my next post on Thursday, I will be able to show you the whole lot - so please stay tuned! :-)





Have a restful night everyone (and a good day to all the guys and girls from down under)!
Cheers,

Thanos

10 comments:

  1. It's grand when mini's arrive in the post. Sets me fair to dancing. Looking forward to seeing these painted up.

    Have a good night Thanos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing better than the thud of package on doormat that heralds the arrival of lovely new toys to play with; I certainly never tire of it anyway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of vehicles there mate. look forward to seeing these built and paint up arrayed for battle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Equipment 1st Sargent is a veteran procurement NCO!! Have fun, Thanos! And I bet you didn't even have to smuggle them into the house in your shirt while whistling a happy tune.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great little sets, I am just going to save up for christmas before I get another thing, don't know if I shall get more figs or some AFV's but I still have a tank to paint before then so we'll see... just as we'll all see how these turn out. best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting company and nice trucks. I guess I will try them, too. I need a lot of trucks...
    I bet your paintjob will be outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Micheal said, there's nothing like hearing that thud through the letter box, trouble is the questions from the Mrs then start,
    what's that?
    errrr
    did you really need that?
    of course darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like we will be getting some interesting posts in the next few days!

    Keep it up!
    FF

    ReplyDelete