My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Zvezda's German Reconnaissance Team 1939-1942 (Part 1)

Good day everyone!

As this year is coming to its end, according to the diaries, the workload shows its size, and tortures me!
Unfortunately, my spare time to paint has been reduced to minimum - but I don't give up! :)
Last Saturday, I bought Zvezda's German Reconnaisance Team # 6153, and I managed to paint two of the prone figures.
These figures can be used either as reconnaisance soldiers, or artillery spotters.

The quality of these figures is up to the usual Zvezda's standards, and even though the figures come in seperate pieces, their assembly is very easy and the result is very very pleasing! 

The lovers of plastic figures take their revenge from all of those who still think that metal figures are better!! :-)
I'll try to finish the rest of the kits' figures the following days (one radio man and one who writes down orders or coordinates).

I hope you like them!
T.



11 comments:

  1. Lovely work on those not too bad plastic stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Nice pictures!!!Where u bought the terrain pieces??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, I haven't seen this set in the shops yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, we like ;) I'm working on the Russian team as we speak (almost done in fact) and these are amazing little figure sets. Αντε με το καλο και οι υπολοιπες αγαπητε.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, that's an interesting and useful set. I've not added any of Zvezdas stuff to my collection yet, but I'm really impressed with the quality of these sculpts (and the paintjob of course!). I may have to investigate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid work there Sir! Can't believe they are so small!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid work. Not a set I would bother with as it only has four figures, but your painting and detail work is excellent.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Angry Lurker: Thx Fran!
    @AlexNay: Thank you Alex. The house is made by me, the slate work is from Wills OO' (#SSMP204 Granite sets)
    The lamp posts are made from Shaun (S&S Models)
    See my post (http://miniaturesterrainpage.blogspot.com/2011/09/s-s-models-lamp-posts-on-field.html )

    @Fire at Will: Thx Will!
    @Dan: Thank you my friend!
    @Greek Geek: Waiting to see the Ruskies mate! Ευχαριστώ για τα καλά σου λόγια!
    @Ethics Gradient: Thank you Alan - pls do investigate - they are great figures!
    @Michael Awdry: Thx mate, the only thing I did is to paint them - the credit should go tothe sculptor! :-)
    @Paul: Thank you Paul - the kits have a complementary role, and fill the gaps for my collection. I wish Zvezda would produce some British and American figs as well!
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good looking set, I say set because three or four blokes does not make a set.Bloody well painted though mate.

    Cheers Rich.

    ReplyDelete