My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Friday 7 January 2011

W.I.P - Bunker in the woods

Good day everyone!

Yesterday it was a day of rest (Bank holiday), and for that I decided to experiment myself with something different- yet again a WW2 theme.
My brother on my birthday, brought to me two gifts (he is a very good lad) - one Italeri's bunker and one set of the new Italeri's fast-build 88mm Flak Gun. I had these two sets ''sitting'', because I was too busy (houses construction).
I decided to make something out of them, and that was a fortified position. I used some foamcore for the base, and I let my imagination run wild!
Still, it's not yet finished (hence the W.I.P post), but the photos will help you get an idea of how this will come out!Much greenery must be put! :-)







I hope you like it!

T.

11 comments:

  1. Hi T, I like it a lot reminds me of Medal of Honor Breakthrough's Tunisia. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, already at this stage of building. I like to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very nice indeed. I can see this being a really useful piece of terrain. Can't wait until the trees are added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. Will you add interiors to the bunker?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did they have tiolets in bunkers??? Sorry, just me thinking aloud :-)
    Looking good..the planking...what´s it made from?
    Greetings
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice stuff.

    Lucky lad to have brothers like that - I'm lucky if I even get a pair of socks as a present off my bro' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with John above about the brother comments.

    Nice work all the same, use a propaganda poster from the Matchbox Revell 251 kit to dress up the bunker!

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice looking bunker mate.Thats the first look I have had at that new 88.Does it go together well?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all!
    I finished it yesterday night, but I didn't take any photos. Will do today, after work!
    @Rob89: I decided to go simple with the bunker. I didn't add anything in the inside.
    @Paul: When I did my service, I was sent to a remote outpost for guarding duties. The toilet we had in out fortified (bunker) position, was a hole carved on stone. . Good old days!!!
    The planking is made from Balsa (2mm sheet).
    @Rich: The 88 gun, was a beauty! It came up very well. I will make an extra post for it in the future!
    T.

    ReplyDelete