My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Thursday 21 January 2010

American Mortars

This is my third contribution to the ''Mortar'' section of the armies involved in WW2!

This time is American mortar teams. The figures are old Esci, one Italeri (the radio man) and the mortars are Revell (American Infantry).

The colours used were:
1.Trousers: US Field Drab (VJ)
2.Jacket: Khaki (VJ)
3.Belts & Pouches: Green Grey (VJ)
4.Flesh: Tallarn Flesh (GW)
5.The rest of the colours can be a mix of browns, blacks and so on. . .

Enjoy!







6 comments:

  1. Very Nice

    Old figures but painted to a bueatiful standard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible, Are u alone?? No a club of wargamers??? How can u paint so fast?? U are Really Great!!! Congratulations!!!! This Mortar Section is First Class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking bunch of yanks! Back in the day those old ESCI ''Big Red One'' figures were the cats whiskers!

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your models look great. I have some Italeri paratroopers based on pennies, but I have not yet painted them. Are you gaming with these guys, or mostly painting?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew, what I do is mostly painting. Unfortunately, I have not yet found and wargames gamers group here in Athens. . . .
    Will find one day though . . . :-)

    What is your blog? I want to see your work!

    Thx for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FerrousLands.com is my blog. I have 1/72 scale ancients there. I don't have a group here either. There us, of course, a Games Workshop group up the street, and a historic group an hour away, but none play games that I like. So, I am mostly a painter too.

    ReplyDelete